As January comes to an end, most people are probably gearing up for Super Bowl Sunday, on
February 3. Me, I've been training for the Mid season TV Replacement Shows. This is a concept that is not to be taken lightly. You don't wake up, plop into a chair, and flip on the remote. You prepare, you practice, and you are breathless with anticipation!Like an Olympian, I've been treating this old bod like the castle that it should be. Drinking carrot juice by the gallons, cause it wouldn't be kosher not to be able to watch/see the new programs. I've been practicing hand-wrist coordination, so they work in concert with one another. When I grab up the remote, and aim at the TV, it's showtime. No time for fumbles. Similarly, I've been doing laps around the house. I must be in tip top shape. Commercials come on, I'm up and running....To the bathroom, get more snacks, check Twitter for program commentary.
For those of you unfamiliar, a mid-season replacement show, is a television series that premieres between January and May, in the second half of the traditional TV season. These replacements usually take the place of shows which were part of the fall schedule/lineup, but were either cancelled, put on hiatus, or had a shortened season.
The shows to which I most look forward, listed along with their premiere date, time and channel, are:
- The Following ~ 1/22 on NBC @ 10pm
- The Taste ~ 1/22 on ABC @ 8pm
- Do No Harm ~ 1/31 on NBC @ 10pm
- The Americans ~1/30 on FX @ 10pm
- Monday Morning ~2/4 on TNT @ 10pm
- The Job ~ 2/8 CBS @ 8pm
- Southland (return) ~ 2/13 on TNT @ 10pm
- Zero Hour ~ 2/14 on ABC @ 8pm
- Cult ~ 2/19 on CW @ 9pm
- Golden Boy ~ 2/26 on CBS @ 10pm
- Boston's Finest ~ 2/27 on TNT @ 9pm
- Red Widow ~ 3/3 on ABC @ 9pm
- Mistresses ~ sometime in May on ABC
Any upcoming programs that you are particularly looking forward to?